|Focus and Scope|
|Peer Review Policy|
|Peer Review Process|
Publication Ethics and Malpractice Statement
Publication Etics are an important concern for editors, peer-reviewers, and authors of PENDAR: Jurnal Pengajaran dan Riset. Ethical duties and responsibilities are written in the light of the guides made by Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). Retrieved from http://publicationethics.org/files/Code_of_conduct_for_journal_editors_Mar11.pdf
Editor’s responsibilities for Publication decisions
General duties and responsibilities of PENDAR: Jurnal Pengajaran dan Riset's editor:
- Make a decision based on the manuscript’s significance, uniqueness, and relevance to the scope of the PENDAR: Jurnal Pengajaran dan Riset.
- Strive to meet the needs of readers and authors
- Strive to constantly improve the publication quality
- Champion freedom of expression
- Maintain the integrity of the academic record
- Preclude business needs from compromising intellectual and ethical standards
- Always be willing to publish corrections, clarifications, retractions and apologies when needed
- Give the comment on the originality of submissions and plagiarism
- Reduce the research and publication errors
- Supporting initiatives to educate researchers about publication ethic
- Assessing the effects of their journal policies on author and reviewer behaviour and revising policies, as required, to encourage responsible behaviour and discourage misconduct
- Actively seeking the views of authors, readers, reviewers and editorial board members about ways of improving their journal’s processes
Reviewers' responsibilities for helping Pendar’s editorial decisions
Research articles or Manuscripts submitted to PENDAR: Jurnal Pengajaran dan Riset are initially reviewed by the editors for general fit with PENDAR: Jurnal Pengajaran dan Riset focus and scope and for the writing quality. Only those research articles meeting PENDAR: Jurnal Pengajaran dan Riset focus and scope will be sent to reviewers for a double blind review. Review time is typically 4-6 months.
Editors must obey laws on confidentiality in their own jurisdiction. Regardless of local statutes, however, they should always protect the confidentiality of individual information obtained in the course of research or professional interactions (e.g. between doctors and patients). It is therefore almost always necessary to obtain written informed consent for publication from people who might recognize themselves or be identified by others (e.g. from case reports or photographs). It may be possible to publish individual information without explicit consent if public interest considerations outweigh possible harms, it is impossible to obtain consent and a reasonable individual would be unlikely to object to publication
- Adopting systems for detecting plagiarism (e.g. software, searching for similar titles) in submitted items (either routinely or when suspicions are raised)
- Supporting authors whose copyright has been breached or who have been the victims of plagiarism
- Being prepared to work with their publisher to defend authors’ rights and pursue offenders (e.g. by requesting retractions or removal of material from websites) irrespective of whether their journal holds the copyright
Disclosure and conflicts of interest
Rejected manuscripts, papers, or articles and their materials submitted to PENDAR: Jurnal Pengajaran dan Riset are extremely seriously not allowed to be used by PENDAR: Jurnal Pengajaran dan Riset’s editor and any editorial members for their own interests and purposes. All will be archived in the system confidentially. PENDAR: Jurnal Pengajaran dan Riset’s reviewers must not use confidential information obtained from reviewing any manuscripts for personal purposes. They must keep all information confidential. Pendar’s reviewers must NOT review any manuscripts in which they have conflicts of interest due to their relationships with the authors of the reviewed manuscripts. They must inform the editor as soon as possible if they find the case.
- Must ensure that the authors listed in the author list meet the criteria as the author. Authors who want to submit their manuscripts to PENDAR: Jurnal Pengajaran dan Riset must ensure that all people who have made a significant contribution to the submitted manuscript are inclusive and acknowledged. The corresponding author should ensure that all co-authors have approved the final version of the paper and have agreed to its submission for publication.
- Collectively responsible for the work and the contents of the article include methods, analysis, calculations, data, originality and plagiarism, acknowledgement of sources and disclosure and conflicts of interest, fundamental errors in published works
- Make a statement that the papers submitted for publication are original, have not been published anywhere in any language, and are not in the process of submitting to other proceedings/publishers/journals. Submitting the same manuscript to more than one journal simultaneously is an unethical behavior and it is unacceptable.
- Must ensure that if the work involves chemicals, human subject approvals, or animals, it must be clearly identified and clarified in the submitted manuscript.
- Must ensure that they have disclosed any financial or other substantive conflict of interest in their submitted manuscript that might be construed to affect the results of their manuscript.